Sleep is the foundation of every part of your health and wellness. People who don’t sleep well often make poorer food choices and tend to have more difficulty building muscle mass. If you’ve already accomplished sleeping a minimum of 7 hours a night, the next step is to improve your quality of sleep. Here are 9 easy steps to doing that.
- Supplemental magnesium – Magnesium is responsible for over 300 processes in the human body. A depletion in magnesium can lead to increased levels of stress, poor recovery and poor sleep. We have found CALM to be a great starting supplement, which you can pick up on AMAZON BY CLICKING HERE.
- Cool down your room – 59-67 degrees has been suggested as an ideal sleeping temperature
- Cut out alcohol – Alcohol can majorly disrupt your sleep patterns and elevate your resting heart rate. Cut it out or reduce alcohol dramatically to improve sleep
- Stretch – Tension in your body can disrupt your sleep patterns. Stretch before bed – but specifically search for stretches that make you feel like you’re going to fall asleep. 10 minutes is a good goal.
- No Screen 30-60 min prior – Light from a screen can stimulate your brain and make it think it’s still day time. Giving your eyes a break before bed can help lull you to sleep.
By combining these easy tips with a sleep tracker like an Oura Ring, Apple Watch, Whoop Strap or Fit bit, you can get a better nights sleep and create a healthier you.